Today the front door locks were changed. Instead of everyone having their own key, I purchased a lock box that is placed on the outside rail.
It is easy to use the lockbox and access the key, however, there are also some very important steps everyone must take to ensure the system works the way it should. I have used this method at the other stores in the past and has only failed when someone doesn’t follow the directions.
- To open the lock box, first, clear the keypad by pressing down on the “C” lever at the bottom.
- Enter the code
- Press down on the upper lever with the arrow facing down and the door will fall forward and open.
- Use the key to enter the bar and turn off the alarm
- IMMEDIATELY after you turn the alarm off, return to the keypad and put the key back in the lock box.
- To close the lock box, you will need to repeat steps 2 and 3. However, when you enter the code and press on the down arrow key, continue to press down on it and close the door.
- Verify the lock is closed and secured. Once you verify, replace the weatherproof cover.
IT IS MOST IMPORANT YOU REPLACE THE KEY IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING THE BAR SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT!
At the end of the night when it is time to close, set the alarm, then go back to the lock box and lock the front door and replace the key again. Make sure it is locked and secured when you leave at the end of the night.
Please let me know if you have any questions.